Monday, October 3, 2011

I have something to say....

One of my favorite bloggers has been a victim of some blogland meanness. It makes me mad. She is one of the sweetest people ever...
She was told to grow up and get counseling...you should read her blog...and be nice to her. One of the things I love most is the honest spirit of her blog...like evey human she has struggles. The way she approaches her life is a huge blessing. Below is a little snippet from today's post. The way she describes how she "feels" things, emotions, music, etc...really spoke to me. Those could be my words. And while I don't have the same struggles that she spoke about... I just really love how she described herself.


"Yes, I feel things deeply, and I am really incredibly emotional, and sometimes I cry over the silliest things, like when I burnt our salmon last night. But what's wrong with that? I like to think of my "mental issue" as a gift...not an issue at all. Through my gift to feel things deeply, I have learned to be a more compassionate person. I am able to connect with people. I am a great listener. I am more open to different ideas. When I hear music, I don't just hear it...I feel it. When I see a painting it's not just a painting, it's a different world for me. I don't have mental issues...I have a gift."

So...do me and yourself a favor and jump over to her blog... Her name is Lauren. You will love her:)

No comments:

Post a Comment